West End, Vancouver
NO EXPERIENCE OR AUDITION REQUIRED
WHY CHOOSE SING CITY?
Learn how to sing well with a group and become a better singer in your OWN right. In Sing City you will work with a professional singing coach.
With Laura Lang’s extensive performance experience as a singer/dancer, pianist and vocal harmony expert, you will get skilled choral instruction and the whole show biz package.
She will teach you how to:
- Vastly improve your singing voice and learn how to sing in harmony with others
- Be comfortable, confident and look good on stage
- Sing in front of an audience and entertain them
- Do simple movement/choreography
- Improve or initiate your music reading abilities
- Develop your ear to learn the harmonies provided more easily
WE ALSO OFFER
SUMMERTIME SINGING WORKSHOPS:
- WHEN: Four Tuesdays in June/July, 7:30–9pm, drop-in
- LED BY: Sing City’s Director, Laura Lang
- WHERE: West End, Vancouver
- If you’re thinking of joining Sing City (or even if you’re not!), workshops are a great way to get to know Laura and see how she works
HELP AT HOME
We also offer opportunities to learn and/or catch up if absent, including:
- Professionally recorded separated harmony parts to help you along
- Extra help outside of rehearsals
- Regular invitations for guest appearances in December
- Our big season finale shows in April are exhilarating
- SING CITY is also regularly invited to perform at prestigious events around Vancouver, recording studio gigs, and collaborative events
Every few weeks we sing our latest song on Davie Street either outside or at Moxie’s, where we also frequently go for post rehearsal drinks/food.
SO much fun and gives us much appreciated confidence in preparation for our big finale shows.
SING CITY has been a member of the BC Choral Federation since 2007.